Last Updated: November 7 2016.
1. No Endorsement. The Services include information, including reviews and pay information, of employers, contractors, staffing agencies, and other parties . Such information is provided by users of the Services for informational purposes only and does not imply an endorsement of any such employer, contractor, staffing agency, or any other third party by us or a verification or representation by us that any such information is valid, accurate, correct, or complete in any respects.
2. Eligibility. If you are under 13 years old, you may not use the Services. When you use the Services, you represent that you are (i) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or (ii) if you have not reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside, that you have received permission to use the Services from your parent or legal guardian. You represent that any information you submit to us when using the Services is accurate, truthful, and current. You also represent that your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. You may only use the Services for personal, non-commercial purposes.
3. Registration & Account. Certain of the Services or portions of the Site may require you to register for an account (“Account”). As part of the Account creation process, you may be asked to provide a username and password unique to the Account (“Login Information”); alternatively, you may be asked to link your Account to an external account to sign up or use the Site or Services . If you access the Services through an external account, such as a social media account, you agree that we may access and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, messages, tags, and/or other materials that you have provided to and stored and made accessible in such external account so that it is available on and through the Services. Please note: your relationship with an external account is governed solely by your agreement with the provider ofsuch external account and we disclaim any liability for personally identifiable information that may be provided to us by an external account in violation of the privacy settings that you have set with that external account. You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Login Information and agree not to transfer or disclose your Login Information to any third party other than an individual with express authority to act on your behalf . If you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account, you agree to notify us immediately. You are solely responsible for any activities occurring under your Account. You have no ownership right to your Account, and we may terminate your Account or your access to the Services at our sole discretion at any time.
4. Permitted Uses/License. You are authorized to access the Site for the sole purpose of viewing and using the Services on your computer or device. You may not decompile, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from the Site or the Services. You may not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the Site or its content without our prior written permission. Your failure to abide by these conditions will immediately terminate your right to access the Site or to use the Services and may violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties.
5. Third Party Websites. The Site may contain links to websites we do not operate, control, or maintain (“Third Party Websites”). We do not endorse any Third Party Websites, and we make no representation or warranty in any respect regarding the Third Party Websites. Any links to Third Party Websites on the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you do access any Third Party Websites, you do so at your own risk and waive any and all claims against us regarding the Third Party Websites or our links thereto.
6. User Content. The Site or the Services may include interactive areas in which you may post content and information (referred to as “User Content” regardless of form). You are solely responsible for all User Content; however, we reserve the right to moderate any User Content before it appears on the Services or remove or modify any User Content for any reason in our sole discretion. When you post User Content, you give us and our affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such User Content throughout the world in any media.To the extent such content is attached to a user profile on the Services (i.e., is non-anonymous), the foregoing license includes a right to reproduce your profile,and any name, likeness or photograph contained in such profile. If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, we may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you. When you post User Content or, you represent and warrant to us that (1) you own the User Content, (2) the posting of the User Content does not violate any rights of any person or entity, (3) you have no agreement with or obligations to any third party with respect to the rights granted herein and you have not and will not sell, assign, transfer, or convey any of the rights granted herein in a manner adverse to or in derogation of the rights granted to us, (4) your provision of the Content does not violate any confidentiality, non-disclosure, or contractual obligations you may have to any third party, including, but not limited to, a current or past employer, (5) any User Content you provide is correct, complete, and accurate, and (6) to the extent any “moral rights” or similar right exist in the User Content and are not exclusively owned by us, you agree not to enforce any such rights as to us or our affiliates. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of any User Content posted by you to or through the Services. Do not provide or share information you are not permitted to share with others.
7. User Conduct. You agree not to use the Site or the Services to take any action or actions that (including with respect to any User Content): (1) are patently offensive in any manner, (2) involve commercial activities without our prior written consent such as contests or sweepstakes, (3) are contrary to our public image, goodwill, or reputation, (4) infringe on our or any third party’s intellectual property rights, (5) “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written consent, (6) contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or other malware or software with similar purposes, or (7) violate any confidentiality, non-disclosure or other contractual agreement you have with another party.
8. Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides a complaint procedure for copyright owners who believe that website material infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your work has been improperly copied and posted on the website, please provide us with the following information: (1) name, address, telephone number, email address and an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on his/ her behalf; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of where on the Site the material that you claim is infringing is located; (4) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. These requirements must be followed to give Company legally sufficient notice of infringement. Send copyright infringement complaints Cooler Talk LLC, 3840 Griffin Trail Way, Cumming, GA 30041, Attn: Legal or firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Legal.We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice with Company’s copyright agent. There can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
9. Warranty Disclaimer. You agree that the Services are available on an “as is” basis, without any warranty, and that you use the Services at your own risk. We disclaim, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, (a) warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, (b) warranties against infringement of any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, (c) warranties relating to delays, interruptions, errors, or omissions in the Services or on the Site, (d) warranties relating to the accuracy or correctness of data on the Services, including all User Content, and (e) any other warranties otherwise relating to our performance, nonperformance, or other acts or omissions. We do not warrant that the Site or the Services will operate error-free or that the Site is free of computer viruses and/or other harmful materials. If your use of the Site or the Services results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for any such costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain categories of damages or implied warranties; therefore, the above limitations may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability. Any liability we have to you in connection with these Terms, under any cause of action or theory, is strictly limited to $100. Without limiting the previous sentence, in no event shall we or any of our affiliates be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with, these Terms. The foregoing limitations apply whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if we or our affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any breach of security or any compromise of your Account. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential; therefore, the above limitations may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and our and their officers, directors, partners, agents, and employees from and against any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively, “Claims”), made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site and Services in violation of these Terms, any breach of the representations and warranties you make in these Terms, or your User Content. You agree to be solely responsible for defending any Claims against or suffered by us, subject to our right to participate with counsel of our own choosing.
12. Electronic Signatures and Notices. Certain activities on the Services may require you to make an electronic signature. You understand and accept that an electronic signature has same legal rights and obligations as a physical signature. If you have an Account, you agree that we may provide you any and all required notices electronically through your Account or other electronic means. You agree that we are not responsible for any delivery fees charged to you as a result of your receipt of our electronic notices. Any notices provided to us hereunder must be sent to: Cooler Talk LLC, 3840 Griffin Trail Way, Cumming, GA 30041, Attn: Legal.
13. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by Georgia law, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Atlanta, Georgia in circumstances where these Terms permit litigation in court.
14. Dispute Resolution.
Please read this section carefully. It contains procedures for mandatory binding arbitration and a class action waiver.
Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution.
Before either we or you may seek arbitration, the party seeking arbitration must send the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and the requested relief. A Notice to us should be sent to: Cooler Talk LLC, 3840 Griffin Trail Way, Cumming, GA 30041. After the Notice is received, you and we may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If we do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Arbitration Rules”) governing the arbitration are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) shall be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, unless the parties agree otherwise. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration.
The arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
If either you or we pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
Authority of Arbitrator.
If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of the parties involved, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the Arbitration Rules, and these Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
Waiver of Jury Trial.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under these terms. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and us in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND WE WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions.
ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS SECTION 12MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE PLATFORM USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER PLATFORM USER.
All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. You agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Section 12, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
If any part or parts of this Section 12are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Right to Waive.
Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Section 12 may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Section 12.
Survival of Agreement.
This Section 12will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
Small Claims Court.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or we may bring an individual action in small claims court.
Emergency Equitable Relief.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Section 12.
Claims Not Subject to Arbitration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the our patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets rights shall not be subject to this Section 12.
We may assign, transfer, delegate, or otherwise hypothecate our rights under these Terms in our sole discretion. If we fail to enforce a provision of these Terms, you agree that such a failure does not constitute a waiver to enforce the provision (or any other provision hereunder). If any provision of these Terms is held or made invalid, the invalidity does not affect the remainder of these Terms. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms and disclaim all implied licenses.